Visas are required for Canadians traveling to Russia.
Russia uses a jurisdictional system under which individuals applying for visas in Canada must submit their documents to the Consulate responsible for the area in which they live.
|Consulate in Ottawa||Ottawa-Gatineau and environs (area codes 613 and 819) or residents of Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Yukon or Northwest Territories. The requirements for British and American nationals are the same as for Canadians (fees may vary) but they must include proof of residence in Canada. Holders of passports from other countries should contact us for requirements.|
|Consulate in Montreal||Quebec residents (area codes other than 819).|
The Russian Consulates in Canada will process visas for most non-Canadians if the applicant can demonstrate residence in Canada.
- PASSPORT OR OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENT-The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of the trip. It must have 2 completely blank pages (not including pages 1-5). It should be signed on page 3 and be in good condition.
- PHOTOGRAPH-This should be a recent, passport style photo (front facing head and shoulders). The photo must be clear, well defined and have been taken against a plain white or plain, light coloured background. It should be 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) and should be glued to the form where indicated.
- APPLICATION FORM-The application form is to be completed online ONLY at http://visa.kdmid.ru .
PLEASE NOTE THE UNIQUE NUMBER AND PASSWORD FOR YOUR APPLICATION, this will allow you to access the form online for up to 30 days. Any corrections or whiteout on the forms will not be accepted by the Embassy in Ottawa; All questions must be answered; The form needs to be signed in original in the provided place.
- PHOTOCOPY OF THE INFORMATION PAGE OF THE PASSPORT-A photocopy of page 2 (photo page) of the Canadian passport.
- TOURIST INVITATION/CONFIRMATION-The invitation/confirmation which is issued by the Russian hosting travel company and includes the personal data of each tourist, the dates of trip, itinerary in Russia and services offered. The invite/confirmation must be signed by an authorized person and must carry the official seal of the Russian travel company and the REFERENCE number of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to invite foreign tourists).
FIRST STOP VISA CAN PROVIDE THE HOTEL VOUCHER AND CONFIRMATION IF REQUIRED. PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED FORM AND REQUEST THE SUPPORT PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM.
- PERSONAL LETTER-This letter should be addressed to either the Russian Consulate General or the Embassy of Russia. It has to be written by the applicant explaining who they are (their full name is required), the purpose of their trip, where they are planning to go (all Russian cities to be visited according to the invitation letter) and when they are planning to enter and exit Russia (dates have to be according to the invitation letter).
- FOR DOUBLE ENTRY TOURIST VISA:***ITINERARY is also required – a copy of airplane or ground transportation tickets showing the full travel route from the Russian Federation to the neighboring country and back to the Russian Federation.
- FIRST STOP VISA ORDER FORM.
All above listed documents need to be shipped to the following address:
First Stop Visa Services Ltd.
78 George St. (Byward Market)
Telephone: 1 800 256 1651
VISA FEES for SINGLE ENTRY VISA:
Regular Service – 22 business days – $176
Rush Service – 5 business days – $302
First Stop Visa Fees (in addition to the embassy fees):
Regular Processing – 85
Rush Processing – 125
VISA FEES for DOUBLE ENTRY VISA:
Regular Service – 22 business days – $251
Rush Service – 5 business days – $453
First Stop Visa Fee (in addition to the embassy fees):
Regular Service – $85+Tax
Rush Service – 125+Tax