Russia uses a jurisdictional system under which individuals applying for visas in Canada must submit their documents to the Consulate responsible for the area in which they live.
|Consulate in Ottawa||Ottawa-Gatineau and environs (area codes 613 and 819) or residents of Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Yukon or Northwest Territories. The requirements for British and American nationals are the same as for Canadians (fees may vary) but they must include proof of residence in Canada. Holders of passports from other countries should contact us for requirements.|
|Consulate in Montreal||Quebec residents (area codes other than 819).|
The Russian Consulates in Canada will process visas for most non-Canadians if the applicant can demonstrate residence in Canada.
- PASSPORT OR OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENT-The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of the trip. It must have 2 completely blank pages (not including pages 1-5). It should be signed on page 3 and be in good condition.
- PHOTOGRAPH-This should be a recent, passport style photo (front facing head and shoulders). The photo must be clear, well defined and have been taken against a plain white or plain, light coloured background. It should be 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) and should be glued to the form where indicated.
- APPLICATION FORM-The application form is to be completed online ONLY at http://visa.kdmid.ru.
PLEASE NOTE THE UNIQUE NUMBER AND PASSWORD FOR YOUR APPLICATION, this will allow you to access the form online for up to 30 days. Any corrections or whiteout on the forms will not be accepted by the Embassy in Ottawa; All questions must be answered; The form needs to be signed in original in the provided place.
- PHOTOCOPY OF THE INFORMATION PAGE OF THE PASSPORT-A photocopy of page 2 (photo page) of the Canadian passport.
- ORIGINAL INVITATION issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD); Federal Migration Service (FMS); or The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia’s decision to issue a visa (telex).
- INTRODUCTORY LETTER from host company/organization or from yourself giving full details of the traveller, destinations, terms and purpose of the visit.
All above listed documents need to be shipped to the following address:
First Stop Visa Services Ltd.
78 George St. (Byward Market)
Telephone: 1 800 256 1651
- Single Entry – Regular Service – 22 business days – $176
Rush Service – 5 business days – $302
- Double Entry – Regular Service – 22 business days – $251
Rush Service – 5 business days – $453
- Multiple Entry – Regular Service – 22 business days – $428
Rush Service – 5 business days – $806
First Stop Visa Fee (on top of the embassy fees):
Regular Service – $85
Rush Service – 125