Visas are currently required of Canadians for all travel to India. India uses a jurisdictional system under which individuals applying for visas in Canada must apply to the Indian Mission office responsible for the area in which they live.
– Note that all Indian applications are submitted through an intermediary organization appointed by the Indian government.
– Important information relating to the Montreal submitting office: If you reside in Quebec with the postal code H, J or K, you will need to choose Ottawa as your Indian mission for the online form. For all other postal codes within Quebec, you will need to choose Toronto as your Indian Mission for the online form.
Submission Office location – Your Location:
- – Ottawa if you live in Ottawa-Gatineau area. And FOR POSTAL CODES H, J & K
- – Toronto if you reside in Quebec (EXCEPT FOR POSTAL CODES H.J & K) , Ontario, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
- – Vancouver if you reside in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon and the North West Territories.
General Information: The Indian Consulates in Canada will process visas for most non-Canadians. However, for Business visa applications, the non-Canadian applicant must be able to demonstrate residency in Canada for a minimum of 2 years and the processing time will be longer.
- Indian visas are valid from the date of issue. Valid visas can be transferred to a new passport provided they are not cancelled.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT INDIAN VISAS ARE VALID FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE***
- PASSPORT OR OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENT – The passport must be valid with a minimum of 190 days validity at the time of submission at the Consulate. It must have 2 completely blank pages (not including pages 1-5). It should be signed on page 3 and be in good condition.
- PHOTOGRAPH – This should be a recent, passport style photo (front facing head and shoulders). The photo must be clear, well defined and have been taken against a plain white or plain, light coloured background. It should be 51mm x 51mm (2″ x 2″) and should be attached to the form where indicated.
- APPLICATION FORM – The application form must be completed ONLINE http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/; handwritten forms will be rejected by the Consulate. Please check that you selected the correct jurisdiction; the form must be signed in TWO places. The signatures must be ORIGINAL and signed in BLACK or BLUE ink and must fit completely into the designated areas because they are scanned into a computer. All questions MUST be answered, if not applicable please enter N/A. Questions relating to passport information must EXACTLY match the information on the passport.
- LETTER OF INVITATION – A Letter of invitation from the organizers from the conference confirming the place(s), dates, subject/topics that will be addressed and list of invitees for the conference.
- MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS CLEARANCE – Clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs for the Conference.
- MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS CLEARANCE-Clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs from the political angle.
- NODAL MINISTRY CLEARANCE-Administrative approval from the Ministry that’s holds jurisdiction over the conference. Example, if an organizer is proposing to hold an event on the topic of education then the clearance should come from the Ministry of Education.
- STATE GOVERNMENT/UT CLEARANCE-Clearance from the State Government/Union Territories.
- BLS CHECKLIST -Please sign and include with application package.
- PHOTOCOPY OF THE INFORMATION PAGES OF THE PASSPORT -A single photocopy of pages 2 & 3 of a Canadian passport.
- FIRST STOP VISA ORDER FORM.
- All above listed documents need to be shipped to the following address:
First Stop Visa Services Ltd.
78 George St. (Byward Market)
Telephone: 1 800 256 1651
- Visa Fees:
Indian High Commission and BLS Visa Services Fee – 134.40 + Courier fee to/from BLS
First Stop Visa Service Fee – $90
Processing Time: 7-10 business days